Chêne Gear Wader
Constructed from premium, 4-layer waterproof/breathable nylon fabric, the Chêne Gear Wader offers the highest quality waterfowl hunting wader on the market today. The front YKK AQUASEAL® zipper provides complete waterproof protection coupled with easy in and out ability. Unique, adjustable shoulder straps deliver a comfortable, precise fit, and a custom boot design with EVA midsole provides all-day durability. Backed by our Limited Lifetime Warranty, the Chêne Gear Wader is the ultimate asset for waterfowl hunters of every flyway, season to season.
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
• Waterproof / Breathable Nylon Oxford 4-Layer Fabric: Provides superior abrasion-resistance, tensile strength, and long-term durability over traditional polyester. Waterproof rating of 20,000mm and breathability rating of 12,000mm. Includes C6 DWR finish on face fabric and Agion® antimicrobial treatment for odor control.
• Mechanically Bonded Seams: Stitch-less seams in critical leg areas below the belt create a weld of the fabric, delivering a complete waterproof seal. These seams are flat, flush, and nearly invisible, and are placed on the outside of the legs, away from areas of high friction and wear. Premium seam tape backing throughout the wader are reinforced with woven fibers for extra bonding strength and reduced fabric separation during moments of stress and submerged pressure.
• Digital Printing Technique: Unlike traditional camouflage patterns that are applied to polyester through heat transfer, Chêne Gear waders digitally print camouflage patterns utilizing a cold process that does not damage the integrity of the nylon fibers. This material has the natural, soft appearance of cotton without the synthetic gloss common on polyester garments.
• Waterproof YKK AQUASEAL® Front Zipper: Durable, size 10 zipper provides complete waterproof protection, and is built to withstand pressure for prolonged submersion in water. The front zipper is backed by neoprene to protect from unnecessary abrasion with the body.
• Water-Resistant YKK Pocket Zippers: Durable, size 5 zippers on all pockets provide temporary water-resistance during falls and missteps. These pockets are not designed to be submerged in water for long periods of time.
• Zippered Chest Pockets: Two vertical, zippered chest pockets with water-resistant YKK zippers provide both storage and protection for valuables like phones, wallets, keys, and snacks. Because the zippers are designed to be water-resistant only, these pockets are not designed to be submerged in water for long periods of time.
• Zippered Hand Warmer Pockets: Two high hand warmer pockets are located behind the outer chest pockets. These are lined with a lofted fleece material to keep your hands warm and wick moisture away from your body. We increased the depth and angle of the pockets to create multiple zones, allowing for the storage of a few shotgun shells while still maintaining room to keep your hands high and dry above the shells.
• Interior Storage Pockets with Magnetic Closures: Two interior pockets located on the chest provide additional storage via magnetic closures. These are an excellent location to drop less frequently used items like gloves and dog collar remotes. We opt for HotHands® in these interior pockets, as they remain dry and allow the heat to pass through to the front hand warmer pockets.
• Adjustable Shoulder Straps: Constructed similarly to a 5-point harness used in rock climbing, these shoulder straps displace the weight of the wader from the top of your shoulders, distributing it evenly across your hips and core. The nylon octagonal webbing in the center of the back is double-stitched to the wader body. A neoprene shoulder yoke delivers enhanced comfort, while the multi-height adjustable nylon straps and metal slide buckle ensure a precise fit every time.
• Belt: The belt is designed with rigid, textured nylon that allows the adjustable tri-glide to "bite", properly securing the belt in place. The belt also includes elastic stretch for enhanced flexibility and movement without sagging, and allows for additional layering as necessary.
• Boots: The wader boots are constructed of 5mm neoprene with rubber overlaid on the foot and ankle with 1200g Thinsulate® insulation. The boots are comprised of a rubber, non-slip outer sole, an EVA midsole, and a removable inner sole - all working together to deliver superior comfort and durability.
• Boot Covers with Vertical Drain Vent: The wader utilizes an additional cover over the neoprene upper of the boot that minimizes abrasion and puncturing of the highly sensitive, leak-prone area of many waders. The heel of the boot cover contains a vertical drain vent that allows water to quickly pass through as you lift your foot from the water, while an elastic base eliminates unnecessary drag from loose, excessive material.
Chêne Gear Co., LLC warrants new waders to be free from manufacturer's defects in workmanship or materials under normal use and service for the lifetime of the waders.
If your waders fail due to a defect in workmanship or materials, Chêne will attempt to repair them. If a repair is not possible, we will replace your waders with a new pair of similar configuration and price. If no such waders are available, we may issue a refund for the full purchase price of the original waders at our option.
ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A.PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. OUR RESPONSIBILITY IS LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
WHO IS COVERED UNDER LIMITED WARRANTY:
This warranty is for the original purchaser only. It is not transferable. Proof of purchase must be verified.
WHAT IS COVERED UNDER LIMITED WARRANTY (Examples of Defects):
Seam leaks, zipper failure, boot separation, seam tape delamination, stitching separation, shoulder strap separation, belt buckle malfunction.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER LIMITED WARRANTY:
This limited warranty does not cover damage due to improper use, such as use in substances other than water; modifications; unauthorized repair; wear and tear; or external causes such as accidents, abuse, or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control. Examples of failures not covered by our limited warranty include accidents involving nails in duck blinds, sharp objects on boats, pressure washers, rabbit hunts through briar patches, or the natural breakdown of materials over extended time. This limited warranty does not cover cosmetic or incidental damage.
HOW TO REQUEST SERVICE:
If you identify a defect or have an issue requiring repair, please email email@example.com. Chêne covers warranty shipping expense and aims to respond to claims within 48 hours. We understand how important it is for you to have functional waders, so we will make every effort to have them on their way back to you in 7-10 days.
When the damage is not covered by our limited warranty, at your request, Chêne will make every effort to repair your wader for a reasonable fee.
All waders sent in for Warranty or Repair must be clean. Please be sure to empty all pockets of ammunition and personal property. Chêne will not process waders that, in its sole discretion, do not meet this requirement.